Monday, July 27, 2015

Day One: Morning, From the Hotel Room

So, here we are, in our hotel room. It is really nice! It has pretty much everything that I would want in a "safe" house. It was really nice to be able to relax and not have to worry about whether or not something is going to make me sick. The one exception is the water. It is NASTY! It smells like plastic. There is a filter for drinking water in the kitchen, and a filter for the shower, although I can still smell the plastic in the shower. I still used my own counter top filter for my drinking water, but I did use the filtered water to fill it.

I finally got settled in my bed. It just took a bit to get used to one that is level and straight. LOL And it is taking me a bit to get used to this space. It is hard to explain, but I am never at ease unless I am in my room or in my chair in my living room. Even within my own home, like in John's room or a different chair in the living room makes me food off. I think it is just my body's sense of my surroundings and I don't do well with anything else. I am getting used to a couple of spots here so that is getting better. Once the man-child gets up I plan to make a video of our room and y'all will get to see what I mean.

My appointment with the doctor is for 1:00 this afternoon so I would appreciate more prayer. I am working on my list of questions for him, so I will be prepared. And the only other thing I want to do today is get some groceries. I want to go to the local Whole Foods store, which is in our "neighborhood". I am really craving a salad after yesterday's lack of veggies from being on the road. Ciao for now. I will try to post something later on today once I have a better idea what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment